Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Walk for Old Dogs only for old dogs? Nope. Dogs (and humans) of ALL ages are welcome to attend! We do ask dogs remain on leash at all times, but humans are allowed to roam off-leash.
2. Do I need to register before the Walk? Online pre-registration is strongly recommended. Pre-registration will result in quicker check-in - which means more time to visit our sponsor and vendor booths, enjoy a tasty treat from our food vendors (for both pets and people) and mingle with our many two- and four-legged guests! It is possible to register at the event, or make an additional donation, with cash, check, credit or debit cards.
3. How much is the registration fee? The registration fee is $25 per person. Participants must register individually. Dogs are free!
4. Can I still participate if I don’t have a dog? Absolutely! Dogs are the main attraction, of course, but not required for attendance.
5. Are dog strollers allowed? Definitely! Dog strollers are a major attraction at the Walk for Old Dogs & Old Dog Pageant; some participants dress up their strollers AND their dogs!
6. I registered but can't make it. Can I get a refund? We regret registration fees are non-refundable, but please know your gift will be used to transform the life of a senior dog.
7. How do I get to Cromwell Park? A map and driving directions to Cromwell Park in Shoreline can be found .
8. Where do I park? Limited parking is available in the lot to the north of the park. Plenty of street parking can be found on the east side of the park on Corliss Avenue North.
9. How do I enter my dog in the Old Dog Pageant? Sign up on site at the event! All dogs aged 8 and older are eligible to enter free with a registered Walk for Old Dogs participant.
10. How do I enter my Dachshund in the Dachshund Race for Rescue? Sign up on site at the event! All Dachshunds are eligible to enter free with a registered Walk for Old Dogs participant. Race organizers recommend each racing Dachshund come equipped with two people - one to release and one to catch.
11. Is the Walk accessible for wheelchairs? Yes. The walk path is level and paved, with easy access to vehicle drop off/pick up. Sponsor and vendor booths, food trucks and the amphitheater are accessible as well.
12. Who do I contact about becoming a sponsor, vendor or with questions about fundraising? Old Dog Haven’s Development Director would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Send an email to Karyn Kubo Fleming at email@example.com
13. Who do I contact about an issue with this web site? Syam at Blue Sky Cooperative is available to answer questions by phone at 800-330-4109 x 802, between the hours of 8:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m. (Eastern time).